All you need to know about Cancer treatment and Medicare plans

Cancer is a widespread disease and the risk only increases with age. This means that Medicare must cover cancer treatments. Subscription to Part D of the Medicare plan will make sure that all the expenses relating to cancer treatment.

  • Medicare Part A coverage for cancer

Hospitalization cost is covered by Medicare Part A. However there is a deductible to be paid and it might be paid more if the hospital visits are more. Medicare Part A also paid for any stay in a skilled nursing facility for the first 20 days after cancer surgery. A Medicare supplement plan might come in handy to pay for the deductibles to be paid for hospital stays.

  • Medicare Part B

Part B covers cancer screenings and treatments at the doctor’s office. Preventive care benefits under the Part B cover the full expense of any screenings. Part B also pays for 80% of chemotherapy, tests done as an outpatient, and radiations. A Medicare supplement plan for covering the other 20% of chemotherapy will be helpful.

  • Cancer Medications

Only some medications are covered under Plan B. For complete coverage it is necessary to have either Part D or an equivalent Medigap coverage with prescription medication coverage. Part B covers for 80% of any intravenous cancer treatments. It also covers anti-nausea drugs, oral versions of intravenous drugs but should be taken under 48 hours of cancer treatment. The other 20% can be covered by Plan D which offsets the cost of cancer drugs.

The cancer diagnosis can be taxing both emotionally and financially. It is quite expensive if there is no insurance to cover the huge expenses. An original Medicare plan along with the Medicare supplement plans will be an ideal package for the cancer treatments. Here is affordable Medicare coverage:

  • Original Medicare plans cover almost 80% of the costs that fall under Part B’s coverage as stated above.
  • A part D plan will cover the medications that are not covered under Plan B.
  • A Medicare supplement plan like Plan F or G will pay all of the deductibles and coinsurances for hospitalization under Part A and B’s 20% coinsurance.
  • Any other supplement cancer policy can also be taken to cover for expenses that might not be covered by Medicare and Medicare supplement plans (Medigap).
  • A switch from Medicare advantage to Medigap might also be advisable for optimum cancer treatment coverage.

You can follow the points mentioned in this post and cancer and its treatment can be covered under Medicare supplement plans found at https://www.bestmedicaresupplementplans2019.com/medicare-supplement-plan-g-2019/